Step-hear™ is a Navigation & Information System for Blind and Visually Impaired people. Step-Hear™ consists of two units: A base and an Activator. The base (SH-200) is installed at key locations, uploaded with pre-recorded information. The Activator (SH-220), carried by the user, vibrates and beeps to notify that a Step-Hear™ unit is nearby. Pressing a button on the activator triggers playback of the pre-recorded information from the base, informing and providing proximity and access to the desired location.
The Step-Hear™ is specifically designed to meet the following:
- Easy recording and changing of announcements in the Base Unit.
- Three messages with a maximum recording time of 10 minutes.
- One push button on Activator to access Information.
- Automatic recognition and alert when Activator enters within 12 feet of the base.
- Easy installation and maintenance indoors and outdoors.
- Cost effective solution
The Step-Hear SH-200 Base Unit connecting to electricity
This unit should be installed where electric circuit exists.
Public Places: Courts, Municipalities, Libraries, Schools, Churches etc.,
Commercial Establishments: Shopping Malls, Theaters, Hotels etc.,
We recommend placing units above entrance doors, elevators, restrooms, exit and emergency doors, and at reception/service desks.
- 16 bit resolution recording with background noise reduction
- Playback mp3 sound quality
- Total Harmonics Distortion <2%
- Up to 10 minutes total recording time
- Non-volatile memory
- Support wav and mp3 audio file input for programming
- Digital volume control during playback
- Auto Increase playback volume with ambience noise detect
- D-class amplifier
- Waterproof 66mm speaker
- Maximum Speaker output 1.2w
- FSK modulation
- Receiver Frequency band : 434 Mhz
- Build in circular polarized antenna
- Range 3 -10m
- Super bright Camera flash LED indicator
- Power/ge/battery low led indicator
- 4x AA 2100mAH NiMH regeable battery pack
- Stand by time up to 28 days
- Continue work time up to 36 hours with 10 minutes play back per hour.
- Build in AC100-240V.DC9V/500mA switching power supply
- Smart ger with – delta V full ge detect
- FR-4 94V0 PCB
- pc matte plastic housing
- Waterproof IP56
- Safe screw mount
CE & FCC
The Step-Hear (SH-200-SOL) for Outdoors; Connecting to the Sun!
We recommend to install this unit in Bus Stations, Parks & Tourist Attractions, Sports & Cultural facilities and anywhere electric lines are not available.
- CE & FCC
- REACH compliant
The New Step-Hear™ SH-220 Personal Activator.
The Activator, carried by the user, vibrates and beeps to notify that a Step-Hear unit is nearby. Pressing a button on the activator triggers playback of the pre-recorded information from the base, informing and providing proximity and access to the desired location\'s information.
- Microprocessor control
- FSK Modulation
- Transmitter Frequency band: 434 Mhz
- Vibrator or buzzer alarm
- Activator can be worn either as a neck pendant, key ring or on a watch strap
- Four buttons on Activator: Power, ANN 1. ANN 2, ANN3
- Pressing buttons 1, 2 or 3 on Activator (SH-220) sends a 434MHz signal to Base Unit (SH-200) which triggers the respective announcement ANN 1, ANN2 or ANN3.
- Beep loudness: >85dbspl @10cm
- Li-polymer regeable battery
- Operating current consumption:
- Stand by time up to 120 hours
- Activator battery will be used up after 5 hours continued operating with vibrator and beep on
- Charger included
- CE & FCC
- REACH Compliant